Scope of Job: Manage day to day operations for the Men’s Tennis program. Responsible for planning, supervision and coordination of all aspects of the Men’s Tennis program.
Description of Duties:
- Administers and manages the Men’s University Tennis program.
- Provides instruction and direction to the Men’s Tennis program.
- Oversees budget for program.
- Scheduling Tournaments.
- Arranges all travel aspects for team.
- Recruits student athletes.
- Coordinates or completes submission of all applications for official travel.
- Supervises team while competing on the road.
- Coordinates or completes submission of travel expenditure reports.
- Coordinates submission of scholarship processing forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
As condition of employment this position requires the applicant to be authorized to operate a University-Owned Vehicle for Official University Business. Per University of Texas System Policy 157, applicants will be subject to a motor vehicle record check for their most recent thirty-six (36) month history. Out of State Drivers are required to submit a 36-month history MVR from their prior State of residence(s).
Three (3) of collegiate Tennis coaching experience.
Playing experience preferred (NCAA or Professional).
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Some work is preformed in a normal office setting. Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours. During course of day, can interact with students, faculty, and staff by computer, phone, or in person. Must be able to spend extended periods of time for practices and matches and be able to travel as job demands.
- Understands and adheres to all policies and procedures of the University, Conference and the NCAA. Assumes complete responsibility to ensure that the student-athletes conduct themselves in an appropriate manner in accordance with NCAA policies.
- Understands that violation(s) of NCAA rules could result in sanctions being placed against the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and the University.
- Attends regularly scheduled compliance meetings to maintain knowledge of current and recently established policies.
- Have familiarity and knowledge of NCAA Division I rules required as part of job duties.
- Ability to exhibit integrity with high ethical standards and strict adherence to NCAA, conference, university and departmental rules and regulations as well as solid commitment to academic integrity, student-athlete welfare, ethnic diversity and gender equity.
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Job Post: https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28384