Francis Marion University, an NCAA Division II institution whose Women’s and Men’s Tennis program competes as a member of the Conference Carolinas, invites applications for the position of Head Women’s and Men’s Tennis Coach. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: directing all phases of a competitive tennis program in accordance with Francis Marion University and NCAA rules and regulations, with a commitment to student-athlete personal and academic welfare; implementing practice and game strategies; budget management; recruiting; and scheduling.
- Manage all day-to-day operations of the Women’s and Men’s Tennis program.
- Plan and implement daily training of Women’s and Men’s Tennis players.
- Lead and coach the Women’s and Men’s Tennis team in contests.
- Plan for and supervise team travel.
- Organize and coordinate all recruitment of Women’s and Men’s Tennis players in close concert with the University’s Admission Office and within the guidelines and policies established by the NCAA.
- Stay in close contact with the academic progress of Women’s and Men’s Tennis players, and work with the Center for Academic Success and Advisement as appropriate.
- Be responsible for citizenship and character development of Women’s and Men’s Tennis players.
- Work to be a strong campus contributor, working effectively with faculty, staff and administration.
- Work collaboratively with sports information personnel, departmental support staff, athletic performance staff, and sports medicine personnel.
- Develop, implement and maintain team policies and procedures.
- Plan and administer the Women’s and Men’s Tennis budget in a responsible manner.
- Maintain positive professional relationships with match officials.
- Maintain positive professional relationships with colleagues in Conference Carolinas and in the league office.
- Develop and engage in outreach activities in the greater Florence, South Carolina, area.
- Develop, engage and maintain relationships with alumni, parents and friends of the program.
- Develop and maintain a summer camp(s) for area youth.
- Assists with public relations and fundraising activities, in addition to other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. A minimum of three years coaching experience preferably at the collegiate level, with a demonstrated ability to recruit quality student-athletes and knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Experience working with diverse students and staff, strong organizational skills, and strong communication skills are also desired.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
1) Letter of Interest (Referencing Position Number 21-54);
2) copies of all transcripts (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate);
4) the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references; and
5) FM Application.
To obtain the FM Application, please click here.
Send Application Packet to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration and Planning, Francis Marion University, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547 or FAX to (843) 661-1202.