This is a full time hourly position designed to fulfill the needs of the campus Family Zone (10 & under) program teaching demands, camp business, and organization of tennis professionals and lesson plans. The Associate Head Professional will:
- Plan, organize and implement high quality lessons, clinics, camps, courses, drop ins, and other tennis programs.
- Establish a fun, energetic and engaged on court experience with a focus on 10 & Under programming
- Work with the Director of Racquet Sports and Head Professionals to identify areas of growth, options for increased revenue, or issues that need resolution.
- Useself-promotion and networking to increase client engagement
- Teach in all programs, lessons, and camps as assigned.
- Assist the head professionals in curriculum development and lesson plans as needed.
- Assist the head professionals with management of their team of staff professionals.
- Assist in training of staff professionals and interns.
- Available to work a full schedule year round, including weekends
- USPTA/and or PTR certification required (or willing to become certified)
- Strong playing skills, 4.0+ rating preferred
- Organized, highly motivated, prompt, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic
- Proficient computer skills and willingness to use IT
- A customer focused attitude, and a passion for working with people
- Willing to align with and promote the USTA National Campus Teaching Philosophy
- Ability to attract clients and build a teaching portfolio with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attend professional development trainings & meetings
- Willing to receive CPR, AED certifications and undergo a background check
- Able to start something new, grow an existing program, manage other coaches, train and develop other coaches
- Ability to serve as a USTA-U intern and staff professional mentor