Cornell College, a residential liberal arts college and member of the Midwest Conference of the NCAA Division III located in Mount Vernon, IA, is seeking applications for a head men’s and women’s tennis coach. This is a full-time, year-round position reporting to the director of athletics.
The head coach will manage the tennis program operations, including:
- schedule and coach practices, and home and away competitions;
- monitor annual operational and recruiting budgets;
- ensure institutional, compliance, NCAA, and Midwest Conference obligations are met as head coach;
- organize and implement a successful recruiting plan to yield an appropriate number of quality student-athletes for the tennis program, including working closely with admissions and managing communication flow;
- manage the physical conditioning and development of injury prevention techniques for student-athletes;
- complete necessary post-season administrative duties;
- provide general counsel, guidance, and inspiration to student-athletes regarding their overall success at Cornell College;
- assist, as needed, in developing positive alumni relations and working closely with the office of Alumni & College Advancement with fundraising efforts to support a competitive Division III athletics program;
- demonstrate community involvement with active leadership as a positive role model, including participation in team-based community service projects and encouragement of student-athlete participation.
Because Cornell College values diversity and strives to create a welcoming community in which all individuals are respected and included, the entire campus community is called upon to engage in dialogue around issues of difference, identity, and ideology. The college is committed to fostering a faculty and staff community that reflects our diverse student body. We encourage applications from candidates who share our vision for a campus that embraces differing backgrounds, viewpoints, and identities, and who will excel at mentoring students who are broadly diverse. (See our diversity statement here.)
About Cornell College
Cornell College is a selective liberal arts college distinguished by our Ingenuity curriculum that builds on the strengths of our One Course At A Time schedule. This combination encourages the qualities of being thoughtful, original, and inventive, using the strengths of a liberal arts education to apply ideas to solve problems and meet challenges through hands-on experience in learning. Academic immersion, real world experience requirements through Ingenuity in Action, 19 division III NCAA athletic teams, and unparalleled flexibility attract an ambitious student body from 45 states and 13 foreign countries.
External endorsements include selection as one of the original Colleges That Change Lives, a U.S. News Top 100 liberal arts college, a Kiplinger’s best value in liberal arts colleges, and one of only 290 U.S. colleges with a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa. Founded in 1853, Cornell’s picturesque hilltop campus contains a mix of historic and modern facilities, ranging from the majestic King Chapel to the newly constructed Russell Science Center. We are located in Mount Vernon, Iowa, an urban fringe community recognized by Frommer’s as one of “America’s Coolest Small Towns” and located in the heart of the ICR Iowa region.
Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred. An extensive and accomplished coaching background in tennis required, preferably at the collegiate level, along with a proven ability to recruit quality student-athletes. Valid driver’s license is required.
Cornell is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. Cornell complies with Iowa’s Smoke Free Air Act. Cornell utilizes E-Verify and requires satisfactory completion of a background check.
To apply, contact: Katie Green email@example.com