Assistant Tennis Coach
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job ID: 6054
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property—for Texas, the nation and the world.
The University of Texas at San Antonio, a Hispanic Serving Institution situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.
Posting End Date
Applications will be accepted through 12:00 am CDT on 06/25/2021. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.
Hours per Week
40 hours weekly
Required Application Materials
Resume is required.
Cover Letter is optional.
Function: Assist the Head Women’s Tennis Coach in the daily management of the Women’s Tennis Program.
Scope: Responsible for assisting in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes, assisting with on-court coaching, serving as a community relations liaison for the Women’s Tennis Program to public and assisting with monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes.
• Assist in recruiting quality student-athletes.
• Assist in conducting practice sessions and be present during strength and conditioning sessions.
• Assist in establishing training rules for student-athletes and keeping them informed of acceptable standards of conduct.
• Perform game-day management duties.
• Assist with developing game schedules and equipment purchases that will allow the women’s tennis teams to stay within their approved budgets.
• Assist in monitoring satisfactory academic progress of student-athletes.
• Be knowledgeable of and adherence to NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
• Monitor the compliance to NCAA and Conference rules and policies by student athletes.
• Responsible for the execution of effective systems of internal control which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, financial information is reliable, and applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures are followed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Represent UTSA at conference and national meetings.
• Three years of experience as a women’s tennis student-athlete or coach.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
• Specific knowledge in the sport of women’s tennis and knowledge and compliance with all NCAA, State of Texas, UTSA and Conference USA rules and regulations.
• Demonstrated excellent organizational, written, and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion and flexibility.
• Knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office, and standard office equipment. Stringing Machines. Knowledge of racquets, ordering proper shoes & clothing.
• Five years of experience as a women’s tennis coach in a university setting.
• Experience playing tennis on the professional circuit.
• Member of United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA).
• Ability to string tennis racquets.
• Physical activity in the sport of Women’s Tennis, weekend and evening hours and travel required. Ability to do light lifting and other physical activities
• UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
• This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
• Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://apptrkr.com/2279513