The Assistant Coach position is responsible to assist the head coach with player instruction and development including planning and supervision of practices, game planning and game day coaching, and player evaluation development. In addition, they support the overall physical conditioning needs of varsity athletes. They must serve as a positive role model for the student-athletes at all times developing and maintaining effective communication with team members. On occasion, they participate in recruitment activities and with travel plans for away contests.
Expectations are as follows:
- Pre-season: 15-20 hours/week
- In-season: 20-25 hours/week
- Post-season: 10-12 hours/week
Reporting Relationship: To the Head Coach
- Assisting the head coach with player instruction and development including planning and supervision of practices, game planning and game day coaching, and player evaluation development.
- Support the overall physical conditioning needs of varsity athletes.
- Occasionally participates in recruitment activities and travel plans for away contests.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of the varsity sport, including rules and strategies; multi-year experience as a player or as a coach with the ability to instruct athletes how to perform their sport and improve individual and team performance.
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, ability to successfully multi-task
PLEASE NOTE: The individual hired for this position will be required to have a pre-employment Motor Vehicle check, and the Motor Vehicle Report must clear RIT’s Safe Driving Policy (please refer to page 4)
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal, written, electronic/digital, ability to convey complex information to diverse groups
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships based on respect with diverse groups and individuals
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to manage confidential and private information appropriately
- Ability to successfully multi-task
- Problem solving skills, ability to analyze and act under pressure
- Competence using computer software and enterprise systems appropriate for the complexities of the role and its functions
Staff Job Function: Athletics, Sports and Recreation
Employment Category: Part-time
Required Application Documents
Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae or Resume, List of References
How To Apply
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number: Assistant Coach, 5518BR