TITLE: ASSISTANT WOMEN’S TENNIS COACH
DEPARTMENT: INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS
REPORTS TO: HEAD COACH
HOURS: PART TIME NONBENEFITED
SALARY: $20/hour – 25 HOURS PER WEEK
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
The Assistant Women’s Tennis Coach provides administrative instructional, and recruiting support services under the direction of the Head Women’s Tennis Coach. The Assistant Women’s Tennis Coach ensures the completion of all daily tasks and the smooth operation of the tennis program
- Assist with coaching a highly competitive women’s tennis program which completes in the NCAA Division I Big West Conference
- Assist with recruiting Division I quality student-athletes
- Assist with monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes
- Assist with coordinating daily practices
- Assist with organizing and conducting team practices, competition, and match preparation.
- Assist with scheduling, team travel, equipment purchasing/monitoring, racket stringing, budget management, off-season player development, alumni relations, and summer camps.
- Know and abide by NCAA, University, and Big West rules and regulations
- Scout and conduct statistical analysis of recruits and opponents
- Work harmoniously with the Strength & Conditioning Coach to assist and monitor student-athletes’ year round training and conditioning development
- Assist with conditioning during the off season
- Take an active role in marketing women’s tennis on campus and within the community through public appearances and promotional efforts
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous playing, coaching, or administrative experience at the college level preferred
- Ability to recruit highly skilled student-athletes and a demonstrated commitment to their satisfactory academic progress
- Possession of excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to interact successfully with a wide and culturally diverse range of students and to work harmoniously with students and colleagues
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university required.
Prolonged sitting in front of a computer. Walking, talking, hearing, pulling, bending, may carry 10-15 pounds of objects/material, not exposed to extreme noise level, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, stoop kneel, taste, or smell.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the ASC. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment for this position.
Interested applicants should email cover letter of interest and resume to:
Head Women’s Tennis Coach
Dianne Matias@ firstname.lastname@example.org