In the role of part-time assistant coach, this person will provide support to the head coach in all aspects of administering and conducting a collegiate sports team program.
Duties and Responsibilities (in descending order of importance)
- Be knowledgeable of, and abide by, all College policies, NCAA Division III policies, and conference requirements.
- Follow established guidelines and procedures
- Abide by NCAA Division III; Great Northeast Athletic Conference, ECAC and NEWMAC athletic conference rules and regulations
- Assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes in partnership with Admissions. Encourage applications from a diverse group and large geographic area.
- Execute an annual recruiting plan identifying specific outcomes to be achieved
- Maintain database of information regarding recruiting, including number of contacts, number applied, number visited, number accepted, and number enrolled
- Correspond with prospects using a variety of communication channels; including written, in person contact, phone, home visits, and official visits and texts.
- Coordinate on campus overnight visits
- Attend large showcase recruiting summer events
- Attend all Admissions events
- Assist in executing an instructional practice and competitive game schedule based on an assessment of the student-athletes’ abilities including pre and post season and traditional and non-traditional seasons.
- Execute, in collaboration with the head coach, organized and objective based practices
- Enhance individual as well as team sport skills
- Utilize various coaching and motivational strategies
- Improve athletes’ talents, skills, and development of leadership
- Function as a member of the Athletic Department working together for common objectives.
- Communicate and cooperate with department staff to facilitate group purpose and mission
- Responsible for your own work
- Clearly communicate in written and verbal form
5. Stay current with the sport-specific developments in the profession
- Take responsibility for upholding College and athletic conference policies
- Support the need for process and/or technology changes and demonstrate advantages to others.
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency of own work and the work of the department.
- Support the head Coach and team expectations.
- Other duties as assigned –
- Reports to the Head Coach
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or related work experience.
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends
- Previous coaching and playing experience required; preferably at the collegiate level
Applications will be reviewed immediately until position is filled.