Work at the direction of the National Coach to facilitate development by hitting, sparring, feeding and assisting in all elements of on court training. A great opportunity for a young coach who wants to learn additional skills to progress her / his career.
- Participating in player training by hitting, feeding and participating in match practices
- Participate in on court training sessions at the USTA National Campus, competitive events or other assigned locations under the direction of the Head of Men’s/Women’s Tennis.
- Facilitate and participate in hitting practices and player warm-ups at competitive events.
- Work under the guidance of the USTA National Coaches in performing daily responsibilities such as assigning players to groups, keeping attendance, etc.
- Job duties include mostly on court responsibilities and some administrative responsibilities, such as evaluations, inputting practices plans into AMS, etc.
- Weekend work required.
- Other duties as assigned by Head of Men’s/Women’s Tennis
- Minimum 1 year coaching experience including, but not limited to, experience as either:
- An active player on the professional tour, or at the Division 1 Collegiate level
- An active coach with a documented record of success with players aged 14-18
- Minimum Universal Tennis Rating of 12
- Ability to train / hit on court with high level players that are a part of the program.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding work ethic and willingness to adapt hitting tempo and style for a variety of players
- Ability to work with and effectively manage relationships with players, their parents, coaches and the tennis community as a whole.
- Work successfully in a team environment.
- Must sign and adhere to the USTA Code of Ethics.
- Able to provide references upon request