The Intercollegiate Tennis Association is proud to announce the 2021 Division I Women ITA Scholar-Athletes and All-Academic Teams. Academia is a key aspect of the college tennis experience. Collegiate tennis players add to the rich intellectual community found on college campuses across the nation.
Our student-athletes continue to exceed expectations in the classroom and on the court. In 2021, 1505 Division I Women student-athletes were named an ITA Scholar-Athlete and 210 women’s tennis programs were awarded the All-Academic Team distinction. Compared to the previous year, 75 more Division I women received the distinction of ITA Scholar-Athlete.
To be named an ITA Scholar-Athlete, one must meet the following requirements:
- have a grade point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.00 scale) for the current academic year
- be listed on the institutional eligibility form
To be named an ITA All-Academic Team, programs must meet the following requirements:
- have a team grade point average of 3.2 or above (on a 4.00 scale),
- all student-athletes included should be listed on the institutional eligibility form, and
- all varsity letter winners should be factored into the cumulative team GPA for the current academic year