Whittier College (CA), an NCAA Division III member of the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference is accepting applications for a Director of Tennis & Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach accompanied with an attractive benefits package.
This position will oversee both the men’s and women’s tennis programs and the responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Practice organization, contest preparation for in region as well as out of region contests
- Operational budget management and facility upkeep
- Player development
- Fundraising activities that include equity and opportunity for all tennis program participants
- Work closely with the college’s Center of Academic Student Success in academic monitoring, study hall, and assist in academic preparation and overall student success
- Demonstrated ability to recruit a diverse population of successful student-athletes
- A commitment to academic success of student-athletes and a demonstrated commitment to character development
- Plus other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Athletics.
Whittier College offers 22 varsity programs in which over 30 percent of the student body participates and is a four-year residential liberal arts college, located in the heart of Southern California between bustling Los Angeles and beautiful Orange County. Whittier is distinguished by its small size, pioneering faculty, and nationally recognized curriculum. Facilities rival those at large public institutions, but ours is an intimate setting where students and professors unite in an ongoing pursuit of knowledge.Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred. Minimum three years of successful coaching experience along with playing experience is required. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills are essential. To apply, mail or email a letter of application and resume including names/telephone numbers of three professional references to: Executive Director of Athletics, Rock Carter, 13847 Earlham Drive, Whittier, CA 90602; email@example.com.