Job Title: Graduate Assistant, Men’s Tennis Coach
Reports To: Niall Angus (Director of Men’s Tennis)
Location: Santa Clara University, San Jose, CA
ABOUT SANTA CLARA UNIVERSITY TENNIS
Santa Clara University is a private Jesuit university located in Santa Clara, California. It has 5,435 full-time undergraduate students, and 3,335 graduate students. The location of the school is in the heart of the Silicon Valley region in Northern California, home to companies such as Apple, Google and Facebook. The tennis team belongs to the WCC (West Coast Conference) which mainly features private institutions on the West Coast.
The team is currently led by Director of Men’s Tennis Niall Angus.
The graduate assistant coach will serve as the Assistant Coach for the Men’s Tennis Team. Cost of tuition for the selected applicant will be paid by Santa Clara University as well as health insurance (if required) and a $6, 000 per year stipend. The position would begin starting in the fall of 2021 and continue until the completion of graduate school.
- Diligently assist with the administrative work necessary to effectively run a Division 1 Men’s Tennis program. • Assist with the development of players on the roster via individual and team practices.
- Recruit players for future seasons. Take and pass the NCAA Div 1 recruiting test.
- Travel with the team during fall tournaments and during the spring team season.
- String rackets for the players on the team.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled team practices and events.
- Adhere to all institutional, conference and NCAA compliance rules and regulations.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must meet GRE/GMAT requirements for the relevant graduate school.
- Strong tennis background required; college tennis background preferred.
- Must have a valid US driver’s license
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com
Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.