To assist the head coach in all aspects of a nationally competitive Division III program with areas of focus to be determined by the head coach based on both present abilities and opportunity for professional growth.
- Practice and team meetings – Assist the head coach in the organization and preparation of practices and in conducting safe and strategic individual and team training sessions.
- Player development – Serve as a mentor, teacher, leader and role model to student-athletes. Assist in video analysis and be available to players for individual lessons and meetings.
- Recruiting – Support the head coach in the development and incorporation of a comprehensive recruiting plan that demonstrates successful results for the recruitment, yield and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes.
- Travel – Be cleared to drive both rental vehicles and Whitman vehicles. Be ready to assume all duties of head coach when the team are playing in different tournament or dual match locations.
- Community outreach and fundraising – Assist the head coach in the organization and implementation of community outreach at local schools and fundraising camps and clinics with the opportunity for extra income through this work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Individuals must be able to explain and/or demonstrate that they possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Commitment to recruiting, on court coaching and player development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
- Ability to positively and actively contribute to the College’s core values of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Demonstrated sound judgment and mature decision-making
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency with social media is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Valid drivers’ license