- Minimum 3+ years of collegiate, professional, or blue-chip level coaching experience
- Proven record of compliance to all NCAA Division I and Power 5 Autonomy legislation
- Must pass criminal and compliance background checks; must have valid US Driver’s license
- History of promoting positive student-athlete experience
- Previous Head Coaching, Associate Head Coaching experience
- Proven experience developing high level collegiate, professional, or blue-chip players
- Advanced tennis intelligence and strong knowledge of the collegiate tennis landscape
- Experience successfully recruiting high caliber student-athletes at the NCAA Division I Level
1. Oversee Student-Athlete Player Development Program
- Create and implement tennis development programs for each student-athlete.
- Organize and conduct team and individual practices.
- Work closely with support staff to prepare and administer tennis specific programming.
- Research, communicate, and implement innovative player development strategies.
2. Recruit Champions
- Evaluate and recruit high caliber, diverse student-athletes.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally to evaluate and recruit prospects.
- Efficient and effective at communicating and signing elite prospects to the University of Oklahoma.
- Innovate new ideas for gaining prospect interest.
- Develop positive relationships with prospect’s families, coaches, and recruiting agents.
3. Assist in the competitive development of the program
- Prepare pre-match and post-match analyses.
- Aid in creating a competitive Fall and Spring schedule.
4. Maintain compliance with all NCAA and Big 12 legislation, and University of Oklahoma policy – Document and monitor all compliance activity.
- Represent the program in a positive manner in public and private forums.
5. Display strong ability to lead projects and work effectively with other staff members – Work with support staff to arrange all team logistics.
- Comply with budget and demonstrate fundraising proficiency.
- Assist with large scale events such as Norman Open Pro Circuit and/or Alumni Reunion
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by embracing each person’s unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University recognizes that fostering an inclusive environment for all, with particular attention to the needs of historically marginalized populations, is vital to the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission. This enhances the OU experience for all students, faculty and staff, and for the communities that we engage.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Audra Cohen at email@example.com