Brief Position Overview
The Men’s Tennis Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with directing all aspects of the Division I Men’s Tennis program. The assistant coach will also teach tennis to the Bozeman community and assist with operations at the on campus tennis facility, the Bobcat Anderson Tennis Center (BATC) in Bozeman, Montana.
Responsible for assisting the Men’s Tennis Head Coach with directing the Men’s Tennis program and Bobcat Anderson Tennis Center (BATC) in Bozeman, Montana. Responsibilities include: staff management, membership management, facility management, fiscal management of BATC including collecting payments and record keeping, student-athlete welfare, academic integrity, public relations, sport-specific fund raising, rules compliance, and planning and implementation of practices and game strategies. The Assistant Men’s Tennis Coaches reports directly to the Head Men’s Tennis Coach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, including adhering to all Departmental, University, Big Sky Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations; cooperate with all coaches and administrative staff within the intercollegiate athletics programs to enhance overall departmental operations.
- Assist with scouting and recruitment of student-athletes, specifically with on- and off-campus visits of prospective student-athletes, as assigned.
- Assist in coaching student-athletes including evaluating their performance in practices and competition and providing leadership and instruction in areas of deficiencies, as required.
- Assist in coordinating team travel arrangements, as requested. Travel with the team and monitor the conduct of student-athletes.
- Coordinate with the equipment manager to ensure the necessary athletic equipment is available for scheduled practices and competitive events; monitor the condition of equipment; request repairs or replacement as necessary.
- BATC front desk duties: Court scheduling, answering phones, membership check-in, collecting fees, maintain facility, invoicing of dues. Manage student staff of the Bobcat Anderson Tennis Center. Manage membership data system and keep information and collections current. Ensure accurate bookkeeping of membership fees, court fees, lesson fees and tennis center deposits.
- Maintain tennis facility, courts, and common areas. Trouble shoot tennis facility, main building and locker room issues.
- Participate in clinics, exhibitions, and camps as approved.
- Racket stringing for team as necessary.
- Perform all other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach, the sport administrator, and/or the Director of Athletics.
- Assist in alumni relations as requested by the head coach
- Assist in community engagement including but not limited to Social media campaigns.
- Assist in overall match day experience for both student athletes and fans.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Background of competition or coaching, in tennis, at the professional or collegiate level.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Collegiate coaching experience at the NCAA Division I level in tennis.
- Knowledge of/commitment to NCAA rules specifically regarding recruiting.
- Experience developing and motivating student-athletes for athletic and academic success.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and in recruiting and monitoring for NCAA compliance at the NCAA Division I level.
The Successful Candidate Will
- Have excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Be punctual and accurate while handling student-athlete data or tennis center data.
This position includes travel with the Men’s Tennis Team by plane and car, and will have work hours set forth by the tennis center opening and closing schedule.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts Montana State University’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Cover Letter
Job Post: https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/25497