Carnegie Mellon University is seeking applicants for a part-time, fixed term Assistant Coach in its intercollegiate Men’s Tennis program. Carnegie Mellon has a world-renowned reputation with core values that reflect its commitment to hiring and retaining individuals with a diversity of talents, perspectives and experiences. A national research university, Carnegie Mellon is a member of the NCAA Division III intercollegiate sports program. This is a part-time, seasonal position from September 1 – May 31.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate competency in sport skill instruction, motivation and ability to conduct practice sessions under the direction of the head coach
- Recruitment of potential student athletes via phone, email, or personal contact
- Demonstrate sincere interest in personal, academic, and athletic progress of student-athletes
- Exhibit supportive and cooperative behavior pursuing sport programs goals set by head coach
- Leadership ability and professional behavior when working with student-athletes
- Assist head coach with organization and implementation of daily practice sessions and games
- Other duties as assigned
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Department of Athletics. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of athletic coaching experience required
- Successful Background Check
- Child Protection Clearances
- OSHA on the job Hazardous Materials Safety Training