North Park University, a member of the nationally recognized College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin, would like to announce that applications are now being accepted for the position of Women’s Tennis – Graduate Assistant. The assistantship will begin in January 2022 and includes tuition remission, a partial meal plan, and a $3,000 stipend per semester.
- Assists the head coach in the coordination of administrative areas of program management including, but not limited to, scheduling of competitions and practices, travel plans, and equipment.
- Analyze performance and instruct athletes in tennis techniques and strategies in preparation for and during athletics competition.
- Assist program with all phases of competitive NCAA and CCIW compliant recruiting.
- Assist with monitoring academic progress of all student-athletes on the team.
- Manage equipment usage.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Head Coach, Associate Athletic Directors, and the Assistant Vice President for Athletics and Sport Management.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Applicants must be able to work an untraditional work schedule (i.e. frequent nights and weekends).
- Applicant must obtain acceptance in North Park University graduate program and have a personal commitment to North Park’s mission of Christian higher education.
- Coaching experience or playing experience and extensive knowledge of the sport of Tennis at the intercollegiate level is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please send a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references to: North Park University, Karl Clifton-Soderstrom, Head Women’s Tennis Coach, 3225 W. Foster Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625, E-mail: email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.