The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Assistant Tennis Coach position within the department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our convictions of dignity, diversity and personal attention call us to embody and champion a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants of diverse races, ethnicities, geographic origins, gender identities, ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, religions, work experience, physical and intellectual abilities, and financial means. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission: Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
This position is responsible for, but not limited to: recruitment, video analysis, skill development of student athletes and game/ practice planning. Specific emphasis on daily administrative duties as assigned by head coach. Position will act as primary back-up for head coach in his/her absence.
- Recruitment of student-athletes, including travel
- Teaching individual skill development and technique
- Organize, administer and demonstrate aspects of team practice
- Assist in practice and game strategy
- Daily administrative duties for all aspects of the program
- Evaluation of game video
- Other duties as assigned by head coach
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant sport experience
- Experience playing and/or coaching and recruiting at the collegiate level
- Masters degree
- Preferred knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates must apply online at https://www.stthomas.edu/jobs/. Follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes creating or updating an applicant profile, uploading a resume, and completing a job specific application.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening and requires COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer