The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of the Men’s and Women’s Tennis Programs, including but not limited to: Recruiting, eligibility, match and practice plans, budget preparation and monitoring, scheduling, supervising and monitoring assistant coaches, public relations and promotion of the sport, the department and Clark University.
In addition, the Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach will be responsible for fundraising, supervision of student athletes and staff during practices, contests and trips to ensure they represent Clark University in a positive manner; will work collaboratively and collegially with fellow staff members, others duties as assigned (including secondary responsibility).
Clark University, the athletic department and every athletic program is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we pledge to foster a positive and supportive environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and recruit student athletes who are capable of competing successfully on the NCAA Division III level and who are capable of succeeding academically.
- Develop season practice and match plans.
- Ensure that appropriate safety precautions are taken in practice, games and during team travel.
- Discipline student-athletes for infractions of rules, regulations and policies.
- Work with administrators to stay within fiscal and budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain effective working relationships to ensure institution-wide teamwork.
- Organize and administer the recruiting of prospective student-athletes in accordance with the NCAA, NEWMAC, and Clark University policies and procedures; Organize recruiting materials and identify potential prospects; Develop recruiting strategy and maintain contact with recruits.
- Develop a conditioning program along with practices.
- Meet with players during the season and conduct post season interviews.
- Maintain accurate record keeping and transparency within the program.
- Comply with all NCAA Division III, NEWMAC and Clark University rules and regulations
- Perform other functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- 3-5 years of coaching experience, required
- Knowledge and passion for the sport of tennis
- Possess valid driver’s license
- CPR, AED and First Aid certifications are required
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and communicate with student athletes
- Commitment and dedication to academic success
- Strong organizational and developmental skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to conduct practices and manage match strategy
- Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace with the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents on campus
This is a Full-time position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Clark University currently requires all employees and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions will be made for medical or disability reasons or religious beliefs, and could be made, at the sole discretion of the University, for other well-documented reasons.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
Application Instructions:To be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online here: https://clarku.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=136699