Missouri Western State University, located in St. Joseph, Missouri, just 45 minutes north of Kansas City, invites applications for the position of Head Women’s Tennis Coach. Missouri Western is an NCAA Division II member which successfully competes in the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA).
The successful candidate will be responsible for all phases of the tennis program including recruitment of quality student-athletes, academic success of student-athletes, scheduling, enhancing public relations, fund-raising, budget, adherence to NCAA and MIAA rules and regulations. The Head Coach will be responsible for supporting the philosophy, goals, and mission of both the University and its Intercollegiate Athletics program
- Organizes activities and programs to assist student athletes in academic success and personal development
- Organizes and develops the recruiting program; develops public relations strategies
- Supervises a Graduate Assistant Coach
- Organizes, manages, and executes practices and games
- Develops and manages budgets and operations plan; assists with fund-raising for athletics
- Schedules practices and non-conference games and organizes related travel for team
- Assists in monitoring and maintaining athletic facilities and equipment
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
Bachelor’s degree and four years of collegiate successful coaching and/or playing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fundamentals of the sport;
- Public relations;
- NCAA rules and regulations;
- Scouting and recruiting
- Motivation and leadership;
- Coaching and training of student athletes;
- Decision Making;
- Analytical thinking;
- Game strategies;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Preference will be given to candidates who have successful coaching experience at the collegiate level, prior experience in recruiting, fiscal management skills, and excellent organizational and communication skills.
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations; fundamentals of the sport; physical conditioning and health
As a student-centered learning community, Missouri Western is dedicated to inclusion and the promotion of diversity as essential to our mission as a public university. This commitment contributes to transforming lives and demonstrates our values of freedom, respect and courage. The university encourages applications from individuals whose differing backgrounds, beliefs, ideas, and life experiences will further enrich the diversity of our educational community.
Salary commensurate with qualifications. Excellent benefits, paid time off and retirement plan.
Apply online at: https://mwsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/1040