The Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA), the official governing body of college tennis, is actively seeking to fill two (2) positions within its Communications, Marketing and Advanced Media department.
The talented and versatile individuals will demonstrate expertise and knowledge in the areas of: Graphic design, photography, videography, social media, website management, and writing. Specific job duties will be assigned based on your qualifications and greatest areas of strength.
This is an exciting and critically important time for college tennis and the ITA in the fast-paced and ever-changing worlds of higher education and intercollegiate athletics.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Sports Information, Communication, Journalism, Marketing/PR or a related field and two years athletics communications experience
- Ability to initiate and complete projects independently and with specific deadlines
- Experience with:
- Design of still and motion graphics
- Managing social media campaigns
- Managing various social media channels within a collegiate athletics department or professional organization
- WordPress websites
- Creation of video content
- Produce and edit video features, highlights, interviews, and other on-demand content.
- Design and create motion graphics for use in video features.
- Willingness to experiment and bring creativity and innovation to the position
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Write press releases and website posts
- Solicit story ideas and produce other written content, including features, for posting on ITA website, social media and distribution to the media
- Manage newsletter production and distribution
- Strong computer background with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, including design-related software, and website content management systems
- Demonstrated experience working with and directing outside vendors including agencies and photographers
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete projects independently and within specific and sometimes tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with Google applications
- Tennis interest, knowledge, background and/or experience, desirable
- Competitive salary
- Positions report to Director of Communications, Marketing & Advanced Media
- Positions will require travel throughout the year for championships and events
- The ITA is headquartered in Tempe, AZ
- Employees will be eligible for medical, dental, retirement, and life insurance benefits
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, and portfolio (including the contact information of at least three references) to: Dan Johnson, Director of Communications, Marketing and Advanced Media at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Date: October 4, 2021
Application Deadline: Open until filled