University of North Texas Women’s Tennis is looking to fill our volunteer assistant coach position for Spring 2022 with the potential to start earlier. We are looking for someone who has played college tennis or has a strong playing/competitive background. This person must be a self starter, have good communication skills, have a strong work ethic, and lots of energy. Our volunteer is an integral part of our coaching staff. Ideally, this person will want to advance in their college coaching career.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Competitive collegiate tennis experience, or similar, preferred
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Self-starter and ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to provide skill instruction and leadership
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- On court coaching in team practice, individuals, tournaments and dual matches
- Travel to individual tournaments in the fall and all dual matches in the spring
- Adhering to all C-USA and NCAA rules and regulations
- Any other duties assigned by the coaching staff
The position is unpaid but there is opportunity to earn a substantial living by teaching at the UNT tennis complex, alongside clinics and camps.
UNT is a public research University in Denton, Texas competing at the Division I level in the Conference USA.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Head Coach, Sujay Lama email@example.com