Position Title: Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Tennis
Supervisor: Head Coach
Classification: Exempt, part-time, 10-month position (budgeted 425 hours)
Muhlenberg College, a Division III institution and a member of the Centennial Conference is seeking applications for a part-time Assistant Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach.
Founded in 1848, Muhlenberg College is committed to cultivating an environment that embraces diversity and inclusion and builds community as an essential foundation to the success of our students. Members of the Muhlenberg community benefit from a warm, collaborative and energetic culture that empowers students and generates impact well beyond our beautiful campus. As part of eastern Pennsylvania’s scenic Lehigh Valley, Allentown is a diverse city of 122,000, located just 60 miles north of Philadelphia and 90 miles west of New York City. Along with Bethlehem and Easton, the region is home to a vibrant arts scene, a nationally unique parks system, and a rich blend of cuisine and diverse restaurants.
- Administer competitive NCAA Division III tennis programs in accordance with college, NCAA and Centennial Conference policies
- Provide coaching in a manner that allows all athletes to realize their potential as students, athletes, and members of the general college community
- Attend practices, training sessions, team meetings and matches (home and away). (Specific time commitment required will be delineated by the Head Coach)
- Identify, evaluate, and recruit prospective student-athletes
- Part-time assistants will be expected to make themselves available when necessary for training in rules compliance
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and related coaching experience, or a combination of experiences leading to similar qualification, required.
- Ability to work with a variety of people.
- Flexibility of time necessary to commit to the varying time needs of the position.
- Ability to work in a self-directed fashion while serving as a member of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, time management and planning.
- Successful completion of background checks, including but not limited to driving record, child abuse clearance, education and national criminal background.
- As part of the College’s sequential approach for the health and safety of our campus community, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required upon hire (absent an approved medical or religious exemption).
Muhlenberg College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees are expected to support Muhlenberg’s commitment to function as a diverse, caring, inclusive community.
To Apply, contact David Kurvink at email@example.com