POSITION: Head Coach, Men’s and Women’s Tennis
POSITON CODE: 5117
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Athletics/Student Affairs
SUPERVISOR: Director of Athletics
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-time, Twelve (12) months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with education and experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: One (1) year
AVAILABLE: November 15, 2021
POSTING DATE: October 29, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Director of Athletics, the Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Tennis is responsible for furthering the mission of the University, the Department of Physical Education and Athletics, and the Bulldog Men’s & Women’s Tennis programs. The Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Tennis is responsible for the planning, administering, and evaluating all aspects of the men’s and women’s tennis programs. The Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Tennis must comply with all University, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) rules and policies. The Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Tennis must have a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Responsible for recruitment of qualified student-athletes to the University of Redlands and participation in the men’s and women’s tennis programs.
- Responsible for hiring, supervision, and evaluation of the men’s and women’s tennis coaching staff, including one full-time assistant coach and multiple part-time assistant coaches.
- Responsible for the oversight of the on-court coaching duties for both the men’s and women’s tennis programs.
- Responsible for the scheduling of competitions and other duties associated with the execution of the men’s and women’s tennis schedule.
- Responsible for budget administration and fundraising for the men’s and women’s tennis programs.
- Responsible for working in partnership with the offices of Advancement and Alumni Relations to continue building relationships with alumni and friends of Bulldog Tennis to successfully fundraise for the men’s and women’s tennis programs and the new Coach Jim Verdieck Tennis Complex.
- Responsible for the oversight of the care and maintenance of the tennis facility.
- Responsible for oversight, supervision, and scheduling of tennis court facility.
- Responsible for maintaining ongoing relationships and communications with community entities including, but not limited to, Redlands Racquet Club, Redlands Unified School District, etc., which utilize the tennis court facilities.
- Responsible for ensuring all facets of the men’s and women’s tennis programs, including staff, student-athletes, and others, comply with all NCAA, SCIAC conference, and University rules and regulations at all times.
- Teaches physical education activity courses in accordance with assigned load during the academic year.
- Responsibilities include a collateral departmental administrative assignment to be performed in support of the department. Such assignment will be determined by the strengths, skills, and experience of the successful candidate.
- Function as an active team member of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree preferred. The ability to identify and attract outstanding students to the university, and ability to relate effectively with various constituent groups is required. Candidates must have a clear understanding of the Division III philosophy and the role of physical education and athletics within a private, liberal arts academic setting. A minimum of three (3) years of coaching experience is required, preference will be granted to candidates with collegiate coaching experience and/or head coaching experience. The successful candidate must have the ability to provide leadership and direction for staff, student-athletes, and university community who utilize the facility. A valid driver’s license is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented after offer of employment. The ideal candidate will possess experience working with diverse constituencies and sensitivity to multi-cultural issues and the ability to work productively in a collaborative environment to meet deadlines.
TO APPLY: A resume/CV and cover letter are required. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040. Apply: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/UNI1089UOR/JobBoard/6af23b67-9dd3-4a6a-bda1-676b92a4fcb4/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=38ea899d-cfcc-4c21-a5a9-332ee97ac644
INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19: New employees are required to submit proof of having received the full course dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or submitting an exemption request for medical, religious, or other reasons within sixty (60) days from your date of hire.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER