Under the general supervision of the Head Coach, Tennis, the Assistant Coach, provides support and assistance of the intercollegiate Tennis program, but is not limited to the following aspects; preparation of training/practice sessions, pregame organization and scouting reports, team travel arrangements, recruiting, managing recruiting database, assist with recruiting tours of the University, assist toward instruction/knowledge of the tennis, and professional communication in regards to the Coaching staff and individual players.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of progressively responsible experience; significant coaching experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Commitment to Division III philosophy and experience with NCAA preferred.
- Valid driver license with good driving record: must be insurable.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA guidelines and the ability to teach critical skills, regulations, and competitive beach volleyball strategies and training techniques.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn current strategies of recruiting and recruiting software.
- Ensure compliance of the program with University and NCAA.
- Knowledge and experience of the Division III philosophy.
- Demonstrated skills in developing and motivating students both academically and athletically.
- Commitment to the values of a liberal arts education.
- Understanding of teacher/coach model in a NCAA Division III athletics program.
- Ability to objectively evaluate physical skills in the areas of physical potential and mental capability for intercollegiate athletics.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in computer use and relevant Microsoft applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate both within and outside the College including, but not limited to, student- athletes, parents, recruits, coaches, athletic training staff, and athletic department staff.
- Ability to provide effective leadership to student athletes to encourage both successful academic development and competitive performance.
- Ability to work within the team oriented philosophy in the athletics department.
- Travel is a requirement of this position.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Position involves both inside sedentary work and work on different types of fields and on other fitness environments while coaching and training situations with student-athletes. Evening and weekend hours in all types of weather, with travel between campuses is necessary. Lifting required (i.e., set-up of scorers table, etc.), some manual labor is expected.
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program; to include adhering to and enforcing all Departmental policies and procedures, as well as rules and regulations of the University, and the NCAA.
- In cooperation with the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach will develop and maintain a system to identify potential recruits and to work closely with high school and travel coaches to recruit quality student-athletes to Stevenson University.
- Identify and recruit quality student-athletes, both nationally and locally, who meet the high standards established by Stevenson University.
- Assist with the daily administrative duties of the program.
- Assist with scheduling for practices and competition, interfacing with administrators and representatives from other schools.
- Monitor the conditioning and training of student-athletes working closely with Strength Coach and Athletic Training staff.
- Work with the Head Coach in developing, games strategies, and individual workout and practice needs for various student-athletes.
- Serve as a role model for the student-athletes by exhibiting ethical and professional conduct.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and travel with team to scheduled events.
- Participate in clinics, exhibitions, and camps, as approved.
- Represent the Department at professional, civic, charitable, and alumni events, as requested.
- Represent Stevenson University at various local events, throughout the community.
- Cooperate with Stevenson University athletic personnel for efficient utilization of shared facilities.
- Assist with fundraising opportunities and budget preparations.
Represent the Stevenson University Athletic Department in professional, civic, charity and alumni events as assigned.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Assists with the supervision of Volunteer Coaches, and student employees.
Reports to the Head Coach.
Adheres to and enforces all policies and procedures of the department, University, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Assists Head Coach with solving problems associated with monitoring budget, student-athlete concerns, and logistics of running an intercollegiate Women’s Volleyball program.
To Apply, Visit: https://stevenson.peopleadmin.com/postings/7156