This seasonal role will oversee all travel operations for players and fans while assisting the WSO tournament director with various assigned duties such as, but not limited to, coordinating all Stars & Aces activities, implementing the overall player services amenities plan, and oversight of TIU/Safe Play requirements.
- Position Duration/Timeline: May 1 – September 15, 2022
- Tournament dates – August 13 – 21, 2022
- Location – Mason, OH 45040 (not a virtual position)
- Oversee all player & fan travel reservations and operations before and during the event with management financial reconciliation with hotels following the event.
- Assist where needed in the day-to-day operations of the player services including player services desk, practice courts, gifting, locker rooms, and player/team credentials.
- Assist with the updating of policies and procedures related to player areas at the WSO
- Work with the finance department to track & reconcile all player related housing expenses.
- Coordinate & execute all Stars & Aces activities with WSO marketing.
- Assist in the creation of the annual player handbook.
- Manage the overall TIU & Safe Play protocols for all required staff/volunteers.
- Assist in the coordination of tour required Covid protocols, when necessary.
- Oversee the day-to-day operational needs associated with the player portal .
- Oversight of a seasonal travel/player services intern
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- High level organizational skills required
- Project management and supervisory skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work long hours/weekends in a fast paced, fun environment
- Tennis knowledge preferred
- Previous experience working on professional tennis event(s)
This position is based in the greater Cincinnati area. During ‘tournament season’ there is an expectation of night and weekend work with this role.
The Western & Southern Open requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to applicable legal requirements.
If interested in the position please send a resume to Christine Stromberg at Christine.email@example.com