Clark University is seeking a candidate for (2) part-time Assistant Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coaching Positions. This position will report directly to the Head Coach and will assist in coaching and recruiting for the program directly in line with all University, Conference, and NCAA guidelines. Clark University is in Worcester, MA, and participates in the NEWMAC as a NCAA Division III member.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Identify, evaluate and recruit student-athletes to succeed at Clark University.
- Be responsible in all areas of team performance.
- Work closely with support staff regarding academic and social development.
- Oversee strength and conditioning program, academic and medical issues.
- Organize, plan and conduct safe team training, practice and conditioning activities.
- Participate in fundraising events, community events, promotion and marketing opportunities associated with the sport.
- Produce a quality team capable of a representative win/loss record as determined by University Administration.
- Represent CU at national, regional, state and local professional organization events.
- Supervise all Tennis operations including, but not limited to, NCAA paperwork, scheduling, academic monitoring, travel plans, equipment, marketing and budget management.
- Maintain knowledge of, and compliance with, specific NEWMAC, NCAA III and institutional rules
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Must be able to work effectively with students, student-athletes, administrators, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, officials, and coaching peers.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Possess (2) or more years of coaching or playing experience or equivalent. Must have extensive knowledge of the sport of Tennis or Team Management.
- Strong computer skills/experience and the demonstrated ability to utilize the latest advances in job related technologies, e.g. recruiting software, recruiting databases, technical/tactical playbooks, Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook, and YouTube.
- Ability to recruit and retain quality Tennis student-athletes. Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the academic success of the student-athlete. Ability and willingness to work effectively in a team atmosphere in the athletic department.
Please send resumes to Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Tennis Arsenio Culver, email@example.com