Seeking a new member of its leadership team, who will report directly to the ITA CEO and work closely with the ITA COO – either as a Managing Director or Senior Director, based upon background, experience, and expertise – the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) invites applications and nominations for a team-based, senior leadership position. This position will provide direction, oversight, and management of partnerships and development.
The ITA, as the governing body of college tennis (major governing body of an Olympic sport) has as number of valuable assets with opportunities to extend and enhance the brand. This position is one of seeking major gifts and connecting top companies with the ITA brand and its many assets to bring value to both parties. The ITA is seeking an individual with creativity, new and innovative ideas, and who can help position tennis amongst college athletics, Olympic Sports, and the tennis ecosystem.
Managing/Senior Director – Partnerships and Development
- Reporting directly to the ITA CEO
- Serving as a trusted member of the ITA Senior Leadership Team
- Active participant in matters related to strategic planning
- Pursue and develop business expansion efforts, including, but not limited to, improving and growing business-to-business partnerships and new sponsorships, including those that may lead to ITA major championships being broadcast
- Management of ITA Fundraising efforts, including, but not limited to:
- Soliciting donations toward ITA Arthur Ashe Awards Weekend
- Building on successful fundraising opportunities at the US Open
- Identification of new donors and stewardship of current donors
- Assist in ITA Board Fundraising
- Oversight of ITA business partners and sponsors, including, but not limited to:
- Contract creation and negotiations
- Identify new value-adds for partners
- Other leadership duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred).
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience required to be considered for Senior Director level.
- Ten years or more experience to be considered for Managing Director.
- Demonstrated ability of how the candidate has “moved the dial” in previous positions – and has provided proven, creative leadership (required)
- Collegiate partnerships, development, alumni, and membership or related sport partnerships, development, alumni, and membership experience (desired)
- Strong tennis interest (desired)
- Staff managerial experience (desired)
- Budget management experience (desired)
- Honesty and integrity
- Strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong commitment to serving coaches and to the development of the whole person (student-athlete) – academic, athletic, personal and career
- Commitment to coach and student-athlete well-being, health, and safety
- Respect for and commitment to a diverse and inclusive team environment
- Value intercollegiate athletics as an integral part of higher education
- Commitment to leadership development for student-athletes, coaches, and staff
This full-time, 12-month administrative appointment includes competitive benefits (i.e., medical, retirement, paid vacation) and salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
1130 E University Dr., Suite 115
Tempe, AZ 85281
Contact to Send Materials
Emma Jacobs, SP Athletics
To ensure full consideration for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume and a list of three references with phone numbers to the contact listed above by Friday, April 15. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Referring to the Position Announcement, please address how you will add value to the Association—in your cover letter or as a supplemental Word document.
ITA: As the governing body of college tennis, the Intercollegiate Tennis Association is a 501(c)(3) that promotes both the athletic and academic achievements of the collegiate tennis community. The ITA, which was founded in 1956, is comprised of nearly 3,000 men’s and women’s coaches representing over 1,200 institutions, administers numerous regional and national championships and the Oracle/ITA College Tennis Rankings for over 20,000 collegiate student-athletes at NCAA Divisions I, II and III, NAIA and Junior College levels. The ITA also has a comprehensive awards program for players and coaches to honor excellence in academics, leadership, and sportsmanship. EOE. The official ITA website is wearecollegetennis.com.
Intercollegiate Tennis Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion, age, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law in its educational programs and activities, admissions, or employment, as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable laws and College policies.