The University of the Incarnate Word Athletics Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Graduate Assistant – Men’s Tennis. This position reports to the Head Coach for Men’s Tennis and will possess good interpersonal and organizational skills, display leadership, and have the ability to work independent and within a team-oriented environment.
This is a student position open to current graduate UIW students.
This position is considered a “Responsible Employee” under Title IX federal regulations and “Mandatory Reporter” under Texas state law and The UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about Title IX violations. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
- Provide support to the Head Coach in all aspects of academic success, coaching, strength and conditioning, recruiting, planning of practice, organization of team meetings, scheduling and trip management including driving;
- Assist with fundraising activities;
- Work with campus community and the Athletic Department staff in assisting student athletes in the registration process who are members of the Tennis programs;
- Assist in practice and match transportation, provide tennis facility support maintenance;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Good administrative skills and excellent written and oral communication skills;
- High motivation with a capacity for independent work within the context of a goal-oriented environment;
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures;
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
Applicant Documents: Resume, Cover Letter, Student Class Schedule
To apply, contact Jonas Andersson email@example.com