Job Description: Summer Camp Counselor, East Campus
Immediate Supervisor: Program Director
About Washington Tennis and Education Foundation: WTEF’s mission is to build life champions. We give youth a safe environment they trust, and where they can excel. We empower them to achieve their highest potential by developing meaningful values and critical skills that lead them to life-long success. We do this through a pathway of continual academic, life skills, and tennis instruction during after-school and summer camp hours.
Objective: WTEF is looking for energetic and professional camp counselors to join our team! The ideal candidates will have a passion for creating an awesome and unforgettable summer for our campers.
- Camp Dates: June 21 – August 19
- NO CAMP July 4th
- Camp Hours: 8:30am-4pm
This is a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that believes our team members are our most important resource and therefore takes great pride in selecting individuals who help us to achieve our mission.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Enthusiastic, energetic, friendly, responsible, patient, reliable and positive attitude
- Enjoy working with children
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Build and maintain open communication with campers, camp staff, and parents
- Ability to learn and enforce the camp’s safety and operating rules
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Previous experience working with children or caring for children preferred.
- Current First Aid & CPR Certification preferred
- Must pass background screenings, which include fingerprint check and sex offender registry check.
Physical Requirements (for those not assigned to a classroom):
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (strength and stamina) to participate in games, sports, and physical activities including jogging, crouching, water-based games and activities.
- Must be able to spend time outdoors and tolerate a variety of summer weather conditions.
- Follow and enforce the safety policies, rules, and regulations governing the conduct of campers and camp staff using the facility;
- Responsible for safety of campers;
- Anticipate, recognize, and respond to emergencies. Perform first aid when necessary;
- Lead recreational and educational activities (such as tennis, field games, soccer, arts and crafts, computer games, etc.);
- Set up and maintain equipment;
- Ensure facilities remain clean and that campers don’t litter lunch areas or outdoor spaces;
- Complete the proper paperwork as a result of incidents and/or accidents;
- All other duties as assigned or required.
$15-20 per hour, depending on qualifications
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Summer Camp Counselor Job Opening. Deadline to apply is Friday, May 13, 2022.