Works closely with the head tennis coach in all aspects of the tennis program. As the assistant coach, the primary duty is coaching tennis skills, techniques and tactics, along with mentoring student-athletes, and recruiting qualified student-athletes within Middlebury College, NESCAC and NCAA rules. Will perform other duties assigned by the Director of Athletics which may include but not limited to teaching classes in Physical Education, Event Management, or other administrative duties.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Assists head coach in all aspects of the tennis program, particularly coaching the skills, techniques and tactics of tennis, mentoring student-athletes, academic advising and recruiting prospective student-athletes
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusi
- May teach as an Instructor in the Physical Education program.
- Assist as needed with Event Management in the winter
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of tennis skills and the ability to effectively communicate and teach those skills to a diverse group of student-athletes.
- Applicants must possess proven, excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse community of faculty, staff, students and prospective students and their families.
- Working knowledge of NESCAC and NCAA rules and an understanding of the philosophy behind them.
- Administrative skills such as organization and prioritization.
- Current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification must be maintained.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications should be submitted via this link: https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/26734