Belmont University’s Department of Athletics is currently accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant position with its Men’s Tennis program for the 2022-23 and 2023-24 academic years. The successful candidate will report to the Head Men’s Tennis Coach and assist with multiple aspect of the program, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with coaching at all practices and competitions;
- Assisting with the evaluation and recruitment of student-athletes;
- Transporting student-athletes to and from competition sites;
- Stringing racquets for team members;
- Performing various administrative and operational tasks, including: planning and coordinating team travel (booking hotels, planning meals, reserving van transportation, preparing travel itineraries, etc.); purchasing equipment; completing budget and expense reports; team scheduling; alumni relations; special events; NCAA compliance documentation; and day-to-day facility operations;
- Compliance with all NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Athletics policies;
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
Compensation: The Graduate Assistant position is a two-year commitment beginning with the 2022-23 academic year and includes a tuition waiver of 6 graduate credit hours plus student fees per term (summer terms excluded), for a total of 24 credit hours. The position does not include a stipend. Graduate assistants must maintain at least 6 hours of graduate-level credit per semester to be eligible.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and acceptance into Belmont University’s Master of Sport Administration program or another approved graduate program. The ideal candidate will have competed at the NCAA Division I level, performing with distinction as the member of a competitive tennis program. Additional requirements include strong communication, organizational, and supervisory skills; the capacity to model mature, responsible leadership; the ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced, team environment; proficient in MS Word and Excel. The candidate must be willing to work weekends and holidays. Applicants must hold a valid U.S. driver’s license and submit to a criminal background check and motor vehicle report, subject to review and approval by Belmont University.
How to apply: For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references, and unofficial copies of college transcripts to:
Head Coach, Men’s Tennis
Review of applicants will begin immediately. Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to begin the admissions application to the Master of Sport Administration program or another approved graduate program immediately. For information about Belmont’s graduate programs, please visit: https://www.belmont.edu/academics/graduate/index.html. Belmont University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.