William & Mary (NCAA Division I), a member of the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) conference, is seeking an outstanding individual to fill a vital role within the men’s tennis program who meets the following required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and significant or extensive professional level of experience or specialized expertise.
- Skills or competencies related to the sport through previous playing and/or coaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer technical and tactical knowledge of the sport of tennis to players through positive coaching and teaching methods, in individual and team instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion in the instruction and coaching of student-athletes in individual skill instruction and small group sessions.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities gained through prior playing and/or coaching experience.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead small and large group discussions.
- Strong proficiency in a variety of software applications (Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook), and the ability to utilize the latest advances in technology.
Prior professional or Division I playing experience, and experience recruiting top student athletes are preferred qualifications.
This individual will assist in all phases of the men’s tennis program including on-court instruction, practice and game management, recruiting of qualified student-athletes, team travel, equipment management, scouting opponents, fund raising and community service activities, and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach. It is expected that this person will be organized and responsible, possess superb communication and administrative skills, and have a working knowledge of social media. Salary is $40,000. Review will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until June 3, 2022.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume which includes a listing of at least three current references online at https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/47716. William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.