Coach and mentor female tennis athletes in a highly academic and nationally ranked Division III women’s tennis program and support opportunities for tennis growth in the local community.
Swarthmore College is a Division III institution located in a small, leafy community about 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA. The college has 12 outdoor tennis courts and an indoor center with 3 Rebound Ace courts.
The position is part-time with responsibilities primarily assisting the head coach with:
- On-court coaching for team practice and individual training sessions
- Recruitment of potential team members
- Traveling for dual matches and tournaments during Fall and Spring semester
- Mentoring student-athletes during the academic school year
Secondary duties will include assisting with:
- Team development and DEI initiatives
- Alumni relations and community outreach initiatives
- Additional Source of Income – Loomis Racquet Academy (LRA) Staff
This position has the potential to be a year-round opportunity to promote and teach in our programming with youth and adult tennis programs in the local community.
The ideal candidate should have a background coaching competitive athletes as well as a proven ability to teach and develop a variety of ages and skill levels. They should have a passion for the sport and be a positive, energetic, and trustworthy leader. Other essential characteristics are strong organizational skills, excellent communication, and the ability to work a flexible schedule (some evenings, mornings, weekends are common).
Please submit cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Jeremy Loomis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates will be considered in June/July and should start by late August.