Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Men’s Tennis Coach and Associate in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education.
REPORTS TO: Head Men’s Tennis Coach
SCOPE: The Assistant Men’s Tennis Coach provides recruiting, developmental, instructional and administrative support services under the direction and supervision of the Head Men’s Tennis Coach
- Recruit qualified student-athletes effectively to Columbia under the direction of the Head Men’s Tennis Coach by building and cultivating strong relationships with prospective student-athletes, families and junior coaches.
- Focus on developing the character skills of current student-athletes.
- Help to create a culture that provides current student-athletes with the opportunity to reach their potential in tennis, academically, personally and career-wise.
- Achieve a high level of competency in motivation and the conduct of practice sessions
- Achieve competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the academic, personal and athletic development and welfare of student-athletes
- Exhibit supportive and cooperative behavior in the program’s goals established by the Head Men’s Tennis Coach
- Exhibit leadership and professional behavior in all interactions with people associated with the program
- Complete all assignments made by the Head Men’s Tennis Coach, including but not limited to budget management, scheduling, recruiting and fundraising
- Demonstrate excellent writing, speaking and listening abilities
- Promote the success of gender and minority equity initiatives by engaging in related activities and programs
- Participate in continuing education conferences, workshops, and/or meetings to increase professional skills and knowledge
- Exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to NCAA, Ivy League Conference, University, and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations and/or Code of Ethics
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Department
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education
- An understanding of the role of intercollegiate athletics in a highly competitive academic environment.
- Strong recruiting, teaching and coaching skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- An ability to build and maintain positive relationships with student-athletes, staff and alumni.
- Ability to work and communicate with faculty and administrators.
- Ability to work within the framework of NCAA and Ivy League regulations
- Successful background in collegiate coaching preferred.
All applicants must apply via this link https://apply.interfolio.com/107593