JOB SUMMARY: Provide direction and administrative oversight for the program related to successful athletic performance, recruitment, and retention of quality student athletes, providing the necessary leadership for a positive competitive environment for student athletes. Responsibilities include all activities associated with the management of a successful NCAA Division II program within the College in addition to fundraising and outreach within the local community.
1. Responsible for all aspects of the program, ensuring the program reflects positively on the College.
2. Facilitate a positive environment for players and coaches.
3. Train and develop student athletes in the sport’s skills, strategies, techniques and conditioning.
4. Oversee budgets, scheduling, inventory, travel logistics, strength and conditioning, fundraising, and community service and engagement projects.
5. Manage the planning of practice sessions and developing game plans for competition.
6. Recruit qualified Prospective Student Athletes (PSA), e.g., through evaluation and identification of prospective student athletes; by evaluation of skill and academic performance; contact and communication with PSA’s and families; and cultivation of relationships with high school and two-year coaches.
7. Monitor the academic progress and success of team members and helping with academic related forms and processes.
8. Abide by all NCAA, Sunshine State Conference, and Florida Southern College rules, policies, and procedures with an understanding that failure to do so may lead to sanctions up to and including termination.
9. Promptly report any suspected violation (including possible violations committed personally or by any other member of the athletics department staff, compliance related offices and staff, student athletes, or boosters) of NCAA, SSC or FSC Athletics rules to the Compliance office, Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) or Director of Athletics.
10. Actively participate in the education and enforcement of NCAA Rules within the sport community.
11. Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety of all student-athletes.
12. Represent the program and Florida Southern College with sportsmanship, integrity, and professionalism.
13. Teach assigned classes as an adjunct faculty during the academic year.
Here is the link to the application: