The University of Mary is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant for Women’s Tennis beginning fall 2022. The University of Mary, an NCAA Division II institution, competes in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference. The Graduate Assistant will be primarily responsible for assisting the head coach of a competitive NCAA Division II tennis program with supervision, player development, performance, and maintenance of the intercollegiate tennis program.
The successful candidate must be fully committed to all NCAA, Northern Sun and University of Mary Athletics Department policies and procedures and will be expected to work cooperatively with all constituencies and campus units.
In keeping with the University’s strategic plan Vision 2030, this position requires thoughtful commitment to the University’s unique philosophy of collegiate athletics (please see the Athletic Strategic Plan Greatness through Virtue). Candidates will want to demonstrate clearly in their application materials both an ability and a willingness to understand and champion this vision, which is the bringing together of sport and true virtue.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Assists the head coach with the tennis program
- Assists with travel and driving vehicles to athletic events
- Fundraising, community service/outreach
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Must meet eligibility requirements for admission to Graduate studies at the University of Mary
- Previous experience as a tennis athlete or a coach
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Intercollegiate Athletics and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- CDL driver’s license is required by September 1st. The payment and education will be provided free of charge for this requirement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- This position includes:
- Graduate tuition waiver
- Coaching gear
- Partial meal plan
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Please click here to apply: https://universityofmary.applytojob.com/apply/uA47O8zYX5/Graduate-Assistant-For-Womens-Tennis
Equal Opportunity Employer