Eastern Michigan University is accepting applications for the head coach of the women’s tennis program. Located in Ypsilanti, Mich., Eastern Michigan is a member of the Mid-American Conference (MAC) and sponsor of 19 Division I sports.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to any and all NCAA, Mid-American Conference and Eastern Michigan University policies, rules, regulations, and operational procedures.
- Organize and direct all activities of the women’s tennis program.
- Direct the recruitment of prospective student-athletes to Eastern Michigan University.
- Supervise graduate assistant coach, who serves as a countable coach for women’s tennis.
- Determine the amount and quality of equipment and supplies to be ordered.
- Manage the scheduling of athletic contests.
- Monitor all expenditures associated with the women’s tennis budget.
- Perform various community services functions such as clinic and speaking engagements.
- Perform fundraising activities.
- Instruct varsity credit classes, as assigned by the Department.
- Perform related departmental duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Previous player experience in tennis at the college level is necessary.
- One year previous experience instructing and/or coaching in tennis is necessary.
- Knowledge of NCAA policies is required.
- Precious recruitment, scheduling, training and sport fundraising experience is desirable.
To apply, please go to https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/emichedu/jobs/3581786/head-coach-womens-tennis?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs to submit an application.
About Eastern Michigan University
EMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator that is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications from women, persons of color, and applicants with disabilities, veterans, and members of other underrepresented groups.