The Army West Point Men’s Tennis program is searching for a Volunteer Assistant Coach for the 2022/2023 season. The candidate must be an American citizen or Green Card and have a driver’s license. We are searching for a person who wants to continue their career as a college coach, is highly motivated, energetic and passionate coach to assist with all areas of the program. Ideally, candidates must have a college playing or coaching experience.
Volunteer Assistant Duties/Expectations:
- Attend every practice
- Know the practice plan
- Help create practice plan with Coaching Staff
- Hitting if needed (per team request)
- Be at matches (Home and Away)
- In charge of managers match day duties
- On post (Per NCAA)
- Tour them around with Coaching Staff
- Answer basic questions about why they are at USMA and why they should come to Army West Point.
- Be a part of recruiting process to show the importance and create a family atmosphere. This would be good practice for moving forward in career.
- Take ownership in knowing and being a part of the process once the recruit is on post.
- Attend major functions important to cadets/team (Arthur Ashe Kids Day, US Open Outing, etc.)
- Seek to want to be involved in all other Coaching/Day to Day activities possible (shows commitment and wanting to advance in career)
We include our Volunteer in every aspect of the program to help his professional development in order to continue his career movement. The position is unpaid however there are opportunities to earn income through camp and teaching lessons at a local club. Interested candidates should email their resume to Head Coach Randy Rowley at Randy.Rowley@westpoint.edu