The University of San Francisco Women’s tennis team NCAA Division 1 West Coast Conference is seeking a Volunteer Assistant Coach for the 2022-23 season. Looking for a former collegiate or professional player that is interested in beginning a career in coaching (collegiate or high performance) and in mentoring young
student-athletes. This role entails assisting the coaching staff in all aspects of running a Division I tennis program, and the duties include (but not limited to):
Coaching and Mentoring:
- Assist with on and off-court coaching and mentoring of student-athletes in both individual and team settings
- On-court hitting and training with student-athletes
- Travel and coaching for away matches fall season matches as well as helping with the Spring Dual Match season.
- Assist with transportation to practice and development plans for student-athletes
- Assist with recruiting prospective student-athletes where permitted within the NCAA rules (official/unofficial on-campus visits)
- Ensure adherence to NCAA and University rules by following and maintain a current knowledge of all policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Assist the coaching staff with administrative responsibilities, community outreach, fundraising and social media
College tennis Division 1 preferred or professional playing experience
Excellent on-court and off-court work ethic
Knowledge of the NCAA rules and regulations
This position allows for outside income from tennis lessons, clinics, Summer Camps, and various other projects.
Applicants, please forward your resume with a cover letter and references to Head Coach, Peter Bartlett Bartlett@usfca.edu