The Oberlin College Department of Athletics and Physical Education invites applications for the position of Head Coach for Women’s Tennis. This is a full-time, 12-month Administrative & Professional Staff position, reporting to the Associate Vice President for Athletics Advancement and Delta Lodge Director of Athletics & Physical Education.
The Head Coach of Women’s Tennis is responsible for all aspects of coaching, recruiting and administering the women’s tennis program along with being a relentless supporter of Oberlin College and its athletics department. The incumbent will also have a secondary administrative position and teaching responsibilities within the physical education curriculum and/or wellness programming. The program will be conducted in compliance with policies, procedures and regulations of the College, the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). This is a full-time, 12-month Administrative and Professional Staff position, reporting to the Associate Vice President for Athletics Advancement and Delta Lodge Director of Athletics & Physical Education.
- Bachelor’s degree required, a master’s degree preferred;
- Five years coaching experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Desire to work within a high academic environment with an appreciation and empathy with the role of intercollegiate athletics and its relationship to the College and the capacity to articulate that connection;
- Demonstrated recruiting and retention success at a high academic institution;
- Solid administrative skills with the ability to communicate and motivate staff to achieve administrative goals;
- Willingness to interact comfortably with individuals and constituency groups that are crucial to the advancement of the women’s tennis program along with the department and greater institution;
- Lead and instruct physical education classes and/or wellness programming;
- Comply with College, NCAC Conference, and NCAA guidelines, policies and regulations.
All interested candidates should apply on the Oberlin College job portal.