- Provide playing instruction to student-athletes.
- Assist with the recruiting process.
- Assist with administrative tasks of the office.
- Maintain equipment and facility usage.
Essential Duties include the following: Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Provide playing instruction to student-athletes.
- Maintain the team calendar of all required and voluntary activities (e.g. practice, competition, travel, team meetings, rehab and treatment).
- Create daily practice plans and distribute to all required parties.
- Provide on and off-court coaching and mentoring on an individual and team basis.
- Provide private and one-on-one instruction as requested to student-athletes.
- Analyze performance and instruct athletes in tennis techniques in preparation for and during athletics competition, including video analysis and breakdown.
- Assist with game preparation, including the scouting of future opponents, game statistics analysis, and video breakdown.
Assist with the recruiting process of prospective student-athletes.
- Fields initial contact from interested prospective student-athletes.
- Manages the questionnaire database and email account.
- Makes initial contact with prospective student-athletes (e.g. email, phone calls).
- Assists with official and unofficial visits, including tours of the campus and facilities.
- Travels to recruiting events as requested.
Assist in the coordination of administrative areas of program management.
- Plans team travel, including hotel reservations and food orders.
- Maintains all expense report logs and turns in receipts to the business office.
- Assists with growing the publicity of the program on social media accounts.
Maintain equipment and facility usage.
- Manages equipment orders and inventory.
- String rackets and clear courts after the completion of practice and competition activities.
- Daily walk-through of the facility to identify and troubleshoot potential issues.
- Assist with managing court rental and usage.
- Assist with the coordination of events, including: collegiate competitions, external tournaments, camps, clinics, lessons, and the membership program.
Oversee student workers and interns in the Women’s Tennis program. Assist with workers for special events (NCAA/Western Athletic Conference events).
CONTACTS: Women’s Head Coach, Bryan Rainwater, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Development Requirements:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in conflict management, mediation, and resolution.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends. This will include travel away from campus for competition.
ACU is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. This position requires the employee to be a professing Christian who is willing to support the Christian mission of ACU.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, and reliable.
- Accurate and detail-oriented.
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact well with a diverse population, including: coaches, staff, current and prospective students, and administration.
- Strong Christian beliefs and participation in a local church.
- Physical Demands
- Ability to endure long hours in a variety of work environments.
- Ability to endure fast-paced schedules.
- Ability to endure non-traditional working hours.
- Ability to withstand stressful situations.
- Ability to endure extensive computer work.