Palm Beach Atlantic University’s (PBA) Athletic Department is seeking applications for the position of Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach. Located in West Palm Beach, Florida, PBA is a non-denominational Christian University, an NCAA Division II institution and member of the Sunshine State Conference (SSC). This is a full-time 10-month position. The Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach will be a positive, energetic leader who is responsible for the overall management of the Men’s and Women’s Tennis programs with student-athlete welfare as a guiding principle. This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of a diverse and dynamic tennis program including, but not limited to: managing the day-to-day operations, recruiting academically, athletically and mission-fit student-athletes, assisting with fundraising, budget management and hiring support staff. Management of the program must adhere to all budgetary guidelines, as well as University, Sunshine State Conference (SSC) and NCAA rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Candidate will be expected to adhere to university and department policies, procedures and regulations and to laws, bylaws, rules, policies, regulations and constitutional provisions of the NCAA, Sunshine State Conference and PBA.
- Recruitment of quality prospective student-athletes to ensure team performance and to meet program objectives.
- Teach and coach student-athletes in order to develop and acquire the tactical, technical and physical components of the game.
- Primary oversight of the administration of the men’s and women’s tennis programs, including budget management, fundraising, practice and competition and team travel.
- Work with the athletic training staff and strength and conditioning coach relative to the health and safety of the student-athletes.
- Oversight of the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Hire, train, evaluate, supervise and mentor support staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Statement of Faith.
- A minimum of three (3) years of tennis coaching experience or equivalent
- Demonstrated coaching and recruiting experience and success at the professional, collegiate, high school or club level.
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and counsel student-athletes on requirements for personal conduct, academic performance and athletic performance.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and ethical behavior.
- Minimum requirement Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university.
To be considered for this position please submit the information below to the following email address: email@example.com
- Three References
- Statement of how you will integrate your faith into the workplace
- Completed Staff Applicant Questionnaire (https://www.pba.edu/human-resources/staff-positions.html)