The University of Louisiana at Lafayette’s Athletics Department is seeking a qualified Assistant Men’s Tennis Coach. This position will report directly to the Head Men’s Tennis Coach. This position assists the Head Men’s Tennis Coach in directing all activities of the Men’s Tennis Program within NCAA, Sun Belt Conference, and UL Lafayette Policies, guidelines, and procedures. The Assistant Men’s Tennis Coach is responsible for maintaining high academic standards to support the academic development and graduation of student-athletes while focusing on student-athlete welfare; assisting in successfully directing the Men’s Tennis program to compete for Sunbelt Championships; assisting in the recruitment of student-athletes and maintaining a culture of personal accountability in student-athlete performance and conduct, assisting in the planning and direction of all practices, travel, and game activities.
- Successfully recruit, retain, develop, and graduate high-performing Men’s Tennis Student-Athletes, both domestically and internationally.
- Assist with preparation, organization, design, and implementation of effective practice schedules, off-season programs, and dual match coaching.
- Effective Community engagement, donor, and public relations.
- Consistent compliance with NCAA and Sun Belt Conference rules, and regulations.
- Monitor student-athlete’s academic progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, public relations, interpersonal, customer service, and supervisory skills when working with student-athletes, faculty, staff, coaches, and administration.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others; commitment to working with multi-cultural populations.
- Have strong work ethic and be a person of high integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference, and Institutional rules as they apply to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletics program.
- Ability to work extended daily hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Strong recruiting ties internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience (international experience strongly preferred) coaching/competing at a college level or comparable experience preferred.
To apply, contact: Luc Godin at Luc.Godin@Louisiana.edu