Summary of Position: The Assistant Men’s Tennis Coach will report to the Head Coach and is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in all phases of the Men’s Tennis Program including the recruitment of a diverse set of student-athletes, assisting with daily operations, practice implementation, and other duties assigned by the Head Coach and Director of Athletics. Requires a variable schedule; night, weekend work, and overnight travel to away meets and tournaments will be required. The Assistant Coach takes appropriate actions to support a diverse student body and workforce and participates in the College’s efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with coaching strategies and teaching methods to develop student-athletes’ skill and teamwork
- Analyze performance of teams and individuals and provide leadership and instruction
- Assist in pre-season, in-season, and post-season training and practice planning
- Participate in scouting and recruitment of a diverse set of prospective student-athletes
- Help monitor the progress of prospective student-athletes’ application process
- Help coordinate and organize potential student-athlete on-campus visits
10% Program responsibilities
- Compliance with College, NESCAC, and NCAA rules and regulations
- Work with the Head Coach to develop and strengthen team culture and create a diverse and inclusive program
All employees are expected to participate in the College’s efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
Straightforward operational interactions/communications and collaboration across the College and conference schools.
Education: (include certifications and licenses)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license to drive college vehicles to team competition when necessary. Requires successful completion of Five College Risk Management driver credentialing program.
Experience: (List specific skills necessary to perform this job)
- Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience
- An understanding of the role intercollegiate athletics in a highly competitive academic environment
- Commitment to or experience working with a diverse community
Environmental and Physical Demands: (Please describe the work environment and unusual physical demands, i.e. lifting requirements.)
- Repetitive motions including arms, legs, hands, feet, wrists, fingers
- Movement including bending, walking, crouching, running, jumping, throwing, standing
- Visual – acute concentration/eye-hand coordination
- Lift, carry, pull and push up to 40 pounds
Decision Making: Determines how to carry out job responsibilities; makes operational/tactical decisions following established guidelines/procedures/policies
To Apply visit: https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs/job/Assistant-Men-s-Tennis-Coach_JR2833?source=JobTarget&utm_source=JobTarget&utm_medium=Chronicle%20of%20Higher%20Education&utm_campaign=Assistant%20Men%27s%20Tennis%20Coach%20(JR2833)&_jtochash=X7QO4gCVDRKW7Uqyyf5x7E&_jtocprof=Ms4zippQpWf0TVMsTsJHGn5-x81BB05w