Contact: Head Coach Ashleigh Antal at email@example.com
Description of University
Appalachian State University, in North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains, prepares students to lead purposeful lives as global citizens who understand and engage their responsibilities in creating a sustainable future for all. The transformational Appalachian experience promotes a spirit of inclusion that brings people together in inspiring ways to acquire and create knowledge, to grow holistically, to act with passion and determination, and embrace diversity and difference. As one of 17 campuses in the University of North Carolina system, Appalachian enrolls more than 20,000 students, has a low student-to-faculty ratio and offers more than 150 undergraduate and graduate majors.
- Bachelor’s degree (acquired before start date) and playing experience at the collegiate and/or international level.
- Strong leadership, enthusiasm and teaching abilities, dedication to the mission of Appalachian Athletics as well as the University as a whole are paramount.
- A strong emphasis on academic success for student-athletes, the facilitation of improvement of individual student-athlete’s skills, fitness and mentalities, and understanding of the role of athletics within the university experience is essential for candidates.
Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The athletic program at Appalachian State University operates on the premise that intercollegiate athletics is an integral part of the institution’s overall program of education. Priority is given to high standards of both academic and athletic quality — the goal being the complete development of the student-athlete.
- Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Practice and game planning and implementation
- On court coaching
- Video analysis
- Recruiting quality student-athletes
- Alumni correspondence
- Travel planning
- Assisting the head coach in routine administrative tasks.