About This Role:
K-State Athletics is seeking qualified applicants for an ASSISTANT WOMEN’S TENNIS COACH, which is a full-time, salaried, benefits-eligible position.
An example of job responsibilities includes but is not limited to the following:
- Coach/teach student-athletes and evaluate their performance in practice, competition, and video analysis
- Scout and recruit high school and junior college student-athletes, which includes traveling across United States and internationally
- Participate in public relations activities
Why Join Us:
We are looking for qualified applicants who are passionate about collegiate women’s tennis, want to become a member of our coaching staff, and work with our student-athletes to help them achieve success both on and off the court and continue the advancement of our women’s tennis program.
Our mission is to foster a culture in which our student-athletes have every opportunity to reach their maximum potential academically, athletically, mentally and socially while operating an organization that is anchored by a genuine commitment to K-State, our supporters and each other.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree at time of application
- One year of coaching experience in a Division I, Division II, or NAIA tennis program. NOTE: Two years of collegiate playing experience in a Division I or II tennis program can be substituted for one year of coaching experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
- Must have strong knowledge and commitment to NAA rules and regulations
- Must possess very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess very strong computer skills
- Must be able to travel extensively, including international travel
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license at all times
This position holds expectations of compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. rules and regulations.
How to Apply:
To be considered for the position, please complete the online application and submit/upload the following documents:
- Cover letter indicating your qualifications for the position
- Resume with three professional references that includes contact information (name, title, phone number and email address)
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled
- Medical, dental and vision health plans
- Retirement plan
- Earned leave plan – vacation and sick
- Parental leave plan
- Term life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Paid KSU designated holidays
K-State Athletics Local Agency Employee Benefits Information: https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/2020/3/6/athletics-human-resources.aspx?path=resources
Salary Rate / Pay Rate:
$44,000 to $52,000 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee. If position is in development, business office or ticket office, the background screen will include a credit check.