- Coaching and Hitting: 50%
- Assist head coach in all aspects of developing and maintaining a competitive intercollegiate sport program within the NCAA and Big Ten Conference.
- Assist in the evaluation of opponents
- Evaluate and recruit qualified, diverse, student athletes to the University of Minnesota whose athletic skills make them highly competitive in the Big Ten and whose academic abilities make them good candidates for a meaningful academic experience and graduation from the University of Minnesota.
- Prepared for on-court hitting for individuals and daily practice sessions with Division 1 players (majority of time will be on court hitting and feeding multiple hours a day)
- Required Office Hours
- Review Athletic Performances through film and observations and prepare stats/practice plans for individual student athletes
- Work closely with Head Coach and Strength Coach to help prepare conditioning plans and workouts
- Work closely with the Head Coach and assist in the head coach’s vision for the program.
- Administration: 30%
- Perform assistant administrative responsibilities, including assisting in planning and executing team travel
- Help assist in providing ideas for student athletes to develop life and leadership skills
- Assist in monitoring the academic performance of student athletes to help them achieve their full potential.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head Coach
- Relationships & Compliance: 20%
- Represent the University and Intercollegiate Athletics Department in a positive manner in public and private forums.
- Commit to adhering to all rules and regulations of the department, the University, the Big Ten Conference, and the NCAA.
- Assist in advancing the department’s mission, vision, and strategic plan including its commitment to equity and diversity.
- Maintain a positive attitude with players and coaches
- Bachelor’s degree
1-3 years of coaching experience
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Physicality expectations to be able to hit in with Division 1 student-athletes at practice and individual lessons daily (Be able to play sets, points, drill and feed multiple hours a day)
- Demonstrated Experience in Recruiting at the NCAA Level
- Playing experience in Collegiate Tennis
- Valid US Driver’s License and the ability to meet the State of Minnesota DMV requirements
For more information, contact Catrina Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org