The Director of the Columbia Tennis Center is responsible for overseeing all operations of the Tennis Center which includes scheduling of Varsity Teams and Intramural Tennis Club, facility management and coordination of the member population. The Director is also the primary contact for all third-party vendors that assist with the facility management and all outside groups and events including community engagement activities. Exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with adherence to NCAA, Council of Ivy League Presidents, University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations. Maintain good working relationships with all members of the department. Assume other duties as assigned by the Director, Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education
- Assume full responsibility for the operations of the Tennis Center, including management of third-party vendor relationships and supervision of tennis professional staff.
- Oversee the physical plant of the Tennis Center in coordination with the Columbia University Facilities and Operations team.
- Project and manage Tennis Center budget and revenue generation expectations, deploying resources effectively and efficiently within university policies.
- Supervise all Tennis Center staffing, including full-time, part-time and student staffing, when applicable, as well as outside vendor staff.
- Coordinate with the coaches of the two Intercollegiate Varsity tennis programs to create optimal conditions for the programs and their student-athletes, including accommodating practice and competition needs.
- Support current and promote new fundraising efforts for Tennis Center facility projects and deploy marketing efforts to support revenue goals.
- Foster community-based programs and outreach initiatives – in partnership with existing NYC programs, as applicable – to fully serve and engage with the local community and professionally serve all current and future Tennis Center stakeholders, including students, faculty, staff, alumni/ae and friends of the University.
- Leverage NYC location to attract corporate, pro-am and other special events to the Tennis Center to generate revenue and increase exposure.
- Manage all aspects of department-approved membership software, payment processing services and reconciliation of revenue.
- Coordinate hiring, insurance and background checks in accordance with University and department policies.
- Bachelors degree required, advanced degree desirable
- Five to seven years of related experience
- Valid Drivers License required
- Experience managing a tennis or similar facility is preferred
- Proven success in revenue generation and revenue growth preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: Sep 09 2022 Eastern Daylight Time