Midwestern State University (MSU-Texas) is currently looking for a Graduate Assistant Coach for the 2023-2024 School Year. MSU-Texas is a public liberal arts university located in Wichita Falls, TX. MSU-Texas has been to the NCAA Div. II National Quarterfinals 7 times over the last 10 years. During this time, both the Men’s and Women’s Tennis Programs have stayed nationally ranked in NCAA Div. II Tennis.
The Graduate Assistant Coach reports directly to the Head Tennis Coach, and is responsible for working, as directed, towards the planning and execution of a successful, Nationally-Ranked Tennis program. The program operates within the mission, philosophy, and objectives of the Head Coach, Athletic Department, and MSU-Texas.
Qualified candidates will show competency and experience in recruiting, facilitating and planning practices, driving teams to matches and tournaments, and fulfill the employee expectations from MSU-Texas.
- Must have a US Driver’s license or at least a Social Security Number to get the driver’s license
- Must have college tennis experience
- Must be admitted to a MSU-Texas graduate program
- Candidate was a part of a competitive and successful college tennis program (D1 or D2)
- Candidate has Coaching Experience
- Pay- $7,400.00 over 9 months (Sept to May)- first check is received Oct 1
- $500 scholarship each Fall & Spring that is directly applied to their account
- Normally Housing Available for free on campus
- Able to work camps and get paid for that over the summer and/or can be paid out of a sport restricted account for working over the summer
- When traveling w/team, MSU-Texas will cover expenses (many weekends in the spring)
Candidates should contact MSU-Texas Head Tennis Coach Scott Linn (firstname.lastname@example.org or (940)235-0967) with Resume, References, and Cover Letter